Wednesday 24 April 2013

Introduction


I am a 25 year old Education Studies student at Swansea Metropolitan University, I have made this blog as part of my assignment for the module '21st Century Learning: Theories and Contexts'.
Prior to starting university last September I worked in Primary and Special Needs Schools across Mid and South Wales for five years, gaining valuable experience working with children from all walks of life, all with different needs. I still work for an agency as a supply learning support assistant on available days off I have from university. I feel that these experiences give me the oppurtinity to apply my relevant knowledge into my university work.
In this blog I will briefly introduce four different learning contexts which are:

● The Foundation Phase

● Forest School

● Learning Outside The Classroom ( LOTC )

● Home Education.

All four of the above are succesful contexts that take place across The UK on various levels. Some education settings emphasise more in The Foundation Phase than others, and some schools have more natural settings to provide a forest school environment. No two education settings are completely the same and each have individual tailored needs to the pupils and staff.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment